The Marketing and Events Coordinator will help tell the story of the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation by creating digital content, developing print materials, and hosting special events. They will create and curate content for the website, blog, social media pages, newsletters, email outings, direct mail campaigns, and event flyers. The Marketing and Events Coordinator will work with the Director of Development and Marketing to create marketing campaigns and content calendars. They will help create and maintain the Catawba Riverkeeper brand. The Marketing and Events Coordinator will also play a key role in organizing special events such as RiverFest, Jam at the Dam and fundraisers.
Daily tasks :
• Generate content for social media, email, websites, blogs, advertisements and print communications
• Manage a communication schedule, under the direction of the Director of Development and Marketing
• Report on various marketing metrics (eg, social media engagement, email engagement, website analytics)
• Organize and promote special events
• Maintain supplier relationships for marketing and event material
• Organize and lead the Ambassador program, the Catawba Riverkeeper program to train volunteers to represent the organization at community events
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Very organized (calendar management, file storage)
• Ability to manage several projects at the same time
• Graphic design skills
• Video editing skills
• Experience in website editing (WordPress a plus)
• Experience in using mass email communication systems
• Understanding of Google Analytics and Google Ads
• Experience in social media management (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
The Marketing and Events Coordinator will work at the Catawba Riverkeeper office in McAdenville, NC, with some flexibility to work remotely. They will also need to travel occasionally to various events and meetings in the Catawba-Wateree River Basin. Mileage is reimbursed.
The starting annual salary will be $ 30,000 to $ 35,000, depending on experience, plus fringe benefits. Benefits include paid time off (PTO), Medicare, dental, HSA, 401k match, and professional discounts on leisure gear and clothing.
How to register
Applicants should send their CV and relevant examples of their marketing skills to [email protected] Interviews will take place as the applications are received.
About the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation (Catawba Riverkeeper):
Founded in 1997, the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation was the 21st Waterkeeper organization in the United States. Now part of an international Waterkeepers movement of over 400 local organizations, we are preserving and protecting the waters of the Catawba-Wateree River Basin for generations to come. Our 5,000 square mile river basin includes over 8,900 miles of waterways. We accomplish our mission in three ways:
We TEACH students and the public on how they can positively impact the water quality in our area.
We offer people the opportunity to ENGAGE with the river to better understand the importance of our natural resources.
We PROTECT our river basin through application resources, scientific field work and citizen action.
Catawba Riverkeeper is a community-driven organization supported by more than 5,800 members and volunteers located in a river basin of 26 counties who dedicate their time, talent and treasure to ensure the protection of the Catawba-Wateree River. Our professional staff of 11 and our volunteer Board of Directors of 14 guide the work of this passionate group of people.