It’s Tuesday. They still won’t stop shooting in Chicago. And prosecutors are always stingy about laying felony charges against shooters. Some people, including the mayor of Chicago, openly worried that we are facing a perfect storm that could push our city into “chaos.”
But if you’re looking for a reason not to fear the epic spike in shootings in the city’s “safe” neighborhoods, consider TJ Kory’s take on the state of our city.
Clouds, then sun. High: 69 Low: 64.
- “We cannot live in a world where there is no responsibility “, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said on Monday, strong criticism of Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx’s decision not to lay criminal charges linked to a shooting on Friday morning when four people shot at a West Side house and people inside fired back. Foxx says the mayor doesn’t have his clear facts. (CBS2)
- There is a sweet story behind the name of a new bakery in Lake View, Sugar Daddy Pastry. When owners Ryann Ibasco and James Cox started dating, Ibasco’s friends dubbed Cox. “Sugar daddy because he always brought candy.” (Block the club)
- President Joe Biden the visit to Chicago is back. The president canceled his planned trip here last week to lead negotiations on the infrastructure bill in Washington. Biden should urge private companies to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for workers during his visit on Thursday. (Room)
- A a policeman shot dead a 61 year old man while responding to a domestic disturbance on the south side. (Room)
today The Chicago patch brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Whether you want to lower your interest rate or consolidate your debt, now is a great time to consider refinancing. Make the right choice for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Valid question: if Facebook is down on your birthday, did it really happen? (Twitter)
- A Chicago neighborhood boss says she was threatened by a colleague from the city council. (Twitter)
- The Chicago Sky is a victory of the WNBA Finals. (Twitter)
- This is how we do it: Harold’s Chicken with hot and sweet sauce, salt and pepper. (Twitter)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Music with the Rabbi (October 5)
- Interview with Lighthouse Academies on hiring day on site! (October 6)
- Strategic Real Estate Investment Forum (October 6)
- Lincoln Park Uncorked 2021: a wine tour interrupted by Armitage (October 7)
- Lake Street Rummage Sale October 8-9 “Reconversion for a Purpose!” “(October 8)
- FREE Distribution of Family Food (October 9)
- A Tribute to Lynn Harrell (October 14)
- Chicago Craft Market – 100+ Top Artisans (Sunday, October 17 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m.) (October 17)
- Add your event
Do you like today’s newsletter? Send this link to a friend to subscribe.
– Mark Konkol