Job overview: Under the general supervision of the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant will assume various administrative, development, financial and programmatic responsibilities requiring in-depth knowledge of organizational procedures and practices. The ideal person should demonstrate good judgment in situations, with strong organizational and administrative skills. The administrative assistant must be able to work independently and sometimes under pressure to manage several activities. The candidate will work with a wide range of people, including remote staff, board and committee members, and the Mercy community.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of office administration experience recommended
- Strong organizational and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Google suite
- Experience in database management and CRM; experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is preferred
- Flexibility and teamwork
General Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and the organization
- Coordinate and attend board, committee and staff meetings and transcribe minutes
- Perform daily financial transactions, including reviewing and processing payments for invoices, check requests, bank drafts, expense reports and corporate credit cards; process bank deposits
- Enter monthly financial information in Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Update and maintain the Raiser’s Edge database, including processing donations and preparing donor thank you letters
- Help with the logistics of retreats and development events
- Proofread and edit all newsletters and mailings created by development and communications staff
The incumbent would report to the Executive Director of Mercy Volunteer Corps. This position is salaried, full-time with health benefits offered, as well as a 403 (b) pension plan and correspondence with the employer. The position is based out of the main office in Lower Gwynedd, PA.
MVC seeks to nurture and is committed to building a community in which the human dignity of every member is preserved and celebrated. We strive to maintain an environment in which each member has the opportunity to contribute to the vitality of the whole, where contributions are valued, just like each individual.
Mercy Volunteer Corps (MVC) promotes social change by placing and supporting volunteers for one year of service to economically poor or marginalized people in the United States and South America. Mercy’s volunteers work in education, health care and social services while living together in a community and growing spiritually.
Apply for this job
Application Deadline: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 Submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: [email protected]. Please do not contact us for status; we will update you if necessary.
Mention that you found this job on Generocity!